Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dinner in a Dish

I am FINALLY getting back into cooking dinner every night and have come across some easy and delicious recipes!

I found this recipe, Dinner in a Dish, from a Taste of Home magazine. I cut the recipe in half and we still have leftovers...which tasted amazing the next day!

Here is a picture of my finished product!













SERVINGS 12
CATEGORY
Main Dish
METHOD Baked
PREP 15 min.
COOK 35 min.
TOTAL 50 min.

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 cups frozen peas
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
2 teaspoons dried marjoram
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
2 eggs

DIRECTIONS
In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook an stir for 2 minutes.
Pour into an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Combine potatoes and eggs. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto beef mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Isn't it hard to cook with kids and no husband at home to entertain them while you cook! It's such a challenge for me! Usually Kennedy is crawling up my leg wanting me to hold her and I feel really stressed by the time dinner is ready! :)

This recipe looks really good and easy! I'll have to try it